|Jan Jongepier||The organ in the Hervormde Kerk at Duurswoude
Het ORGEL 98 (2002), nr. 5, 12-16 [summary]
Duurswoude and Wijnjeterp together form the Frisian village called Wijnjewoude. In 1917, organ builder Proper (from Kampen) placed an organ in the church at Duurswoude. O.B. Wiersma had discovered that this organ was the instrument that Frans Caspar Schnitger had delivered to the Lutheran Church at Zwolle, probably in 1723; he published his discovery in 1972 in the November issue of het ORGEL. The layout of the action suggests that the instrument was originally built as the Rugpositief of another organ.
After changes by J.C. Scheuer in 1837 and 1838, J.C. van Loo rebuilt the organ in 1862. In 2000-2001 the organ was restored by Bakker & Timmenga (Leeuwarden). Jan Jongepier was the consultant. The instrument has largely regained its original condition. The specification: Praestant 8, Rohrfluit 8, Principael 4, GedactQuint 3, Octav 2, Quintanus 1 1/2, Sexquialt, Mixtuur, VoxHumana; pull-down pedals.